Director of Customer Strategy
WHO WE ARE
We’re an award-winning consultancy doing exciting work with big brands like Southwest Airlines, Neiman Marcus, and Nestlé to name a few. Our clients look to us to provide data-driven insight and strategy, enabling them to improve engagement and experience for their customers and employees. We also take our culture very seriously and have the best-places-to-work hardware from Inc. and AdAge to prove it. We’re looking for a teammate, not just a coworker. If you’re a lifelong learner, enjoy a flexible travel schedule, and are down for whitewater rafting in Santa Fe, keep reading.
WHO YOU ARE
You’ve had a senior consulting role for B2C clients with experience in omni-channel engagement, marketing strategy, loyalty, product management, or customer relationship marketing. You are passionate about driving action that makes meaningful change that contributes to bottom line results. Beyond your title:
- You are a natural problem solver who loves the thrill of tackling complex problems
- You enjoy having variety in your day-to-day work
- You have a proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, and have the ability to drive toward clarity
- You have a strength in consulting with senior levels of an organization
- You love to use data to make strategic decisions.
- You know the value of teams (internal and external) and excel in team environments.
- You’re curious and open to new ideas.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace change.
- You have a great sense of humor.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As the Director of Customer Strategy, you will help our clients generate business value from customer data and marketing technology. Specific projects might include:
- Assessing our clients’ omnichannel marketing and engagement strategies, onboarding new marketing technology vendors, and ensuring execution of key omni-channel pilots and global rollouts
- Creating marketing calendars, defining prioritization frameworks, overseeing execution, and partnering with our data science team to identify implications of their analysis
- Teaching and helping our clients build a test and learn capability, from war room design and agile testing frameworks to scaling and insight application
- Creating test campaign ideas and completing campaign briefs for prioritized tests, considering the impact on the end user experience
- Mapping the customer and employee journey and spearheading lifecycle management to improve the customer or employee experience
- Working with a cross functional team comprising of members across Online, Store Operations, Creative, Visual Merchandising, Information Technology, and Finance to drive alignment and execution of omni-channel test and experience plans
- At least 7 years of consulting experience in a marketing-related field, including a leadership (ideally Director-level or equivalent) role
- A proven track record of driving business value through the use of insight
- A solid understanding of the omni-channel experience, including knowledge of how individual marketing channels should be leveraged to drive the overall experience
- Direct experience with planning or executing marketing programs, including digital marketing, direct marketing, CRM, omni-channel marketing, communications/PR, or loyalty
- A strong understanding of customer insight and experience in working directly with customer insight teams
- Client-facing or internal consulting experience with a history of building strong client relationships
- Comfort in translating business insight into marketing or experience plans
- Ability to maintain clarity and drive focus in client situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to craft a compelling story to motivate and align stakeholders
- Working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Working knowledge of the marketing technology landscape
- Proven experience in leading cross-functional initiatives and teams
- Experience with marketing attribution or media mix optimization
- Marketing analytics, marketing execution, and customer analytics
- Brand management or brand strategy development
- Retail or Travel & Transportation industries
If this sounds like you, then drop us a line or submit your application below—we’re excited to meet you!
Elicit is an award-winning consultancy that helps clients transform the way they use customer and employee insight in service of improving the customer experience. Fortune 500 clients include Southwest Airlines, Intel, Nestlé, HomeAway (Expedia), Fossil, GameStop, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Sephora, and Pier 1 Imports. Elicit’s team of technologists, data scientists, and strategists work together to architect business strategies that result in stronger customer engagement and increased profits. Learn more about our award-winning philosophy at www.geeknerdsuit.com. Elicit has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work: career opportunities can be viewed at www.elicitinsights.com/jobs/. Follow Elicit on LinkedIn and Twitter.