WHO WE ARE
We’re an award-winning customer strategy and science consultancy doing exciting work with big brands like Southwest Airlines, PetSmart, and Nestlé. Our clients look to us to provide data-driven insight and strategy, enabling them to improve engagement and experience for their customers and employees. Our team of technologists (Geeks), data scientists (Nerds), and strategists (Suits) helps transform our clients’ businesses into more customer-obsessed and engaging brands.
We also take our culture very seriously and have the best-places-to-work hardware from Inc. and AdAge to prove it. We’re looking for a teammate, not just a coworker. If you’re a lifelong learner, enjoy a flexible travel schedule, and are down for whitewater rafting in Santa Fe, keep reading.
WHO YOU ARE
You’ve had a senior role in a leading consulting firm, or in a large corporation where your role was focused on driving customer or employee experience and engagement improvements. You are passionate about understanding what drives successful companies, and you know how to contribute to make them even more successful. Beyond your title:
- You are exceptional at driving high-performing, cross-functional teams toward client-centric goals, creating organic growth in the process
- Friends and co-workers are likely to describe you as curious and a creative problem solver who is great at building relationships
- You’re someone who makes friends easily and has a strong history of quickly building the respect and admiration of your colleagues
- You know the value of teams and excel in team environments in various roles
- You’re good at absorbing large amounts of new information and boiling it all down to what matters most in a given situation
- You’re curious and excited by new ideas
- You love to use data to make strategic decisions
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace change
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Elicit Engagement Director is a critical leadership role in our customer and employee-centric consulting engagements, having the primary responsibility of ensuring engagement success criteria, work product, and delivery align with Elicit standards and corporate strategy. The Engagement Director is also responsible for leading client relationship management at a senior level and managing Elicit’s ongoing selling efforts on one or more Elicit client accounts. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as a senior consultant with senior-level clients, participating in engagement sessions, business strategy development, strategy implementation, insights planning and execution, deliverable socialization, and change management.
- Function as the primary point of contact for client project sponsor and establish regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings to ensure continued awareness and support of Elicit’s primary initiatives.
- Organize, align, and direct the Elicit team to ensure on-time delivery of key client deliverables. Work with Elicit’s Engagement Managers and discipline leads to prioritize and monitor ongoing work, while leading communication with the client sponsor at all stages.
- Collaborate on deliverable creation, guiding the vision for the deliverable, engaging in detail-oriented content check-ins, and serving as the final reviewer and approver of the material. You will be working alongside your project team and contributing to deliverables; not merely monitoring progress!
- Negotiate and resolve disputes regarding Elicit’s scope of work and manage client expectations.
- Proactively plan and manage phases of client engagement through Elicit’s multi-year engagement lifecycle. Participate in the development and negotiation of future scopes of work after the initial engagement, actively managing the sales process for engagement renewal.
- Manage a team of Engagement Managers that may or may not be assigned to the same client engagements as you.
- At least 5 years of consulting experience, including a leadership role (ideally Director-level)
- A proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives and teams, driving business value through the use of data and insight
- Solid understanding of customer and/or employee centricity concepts, including a broad understanding of how analytics and technology play critical roles in driving enhanced customer and employee experiences
- Comfort in both selling and executing consulting engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to craft a compelling story to motivate and align stakeholders
- Fluency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
If this sounds like you, then drop us a line or submit your application below—we’re excited to meet you!