Senior Customer Technology Consultant
Skill and Knowledge Profile
Elicit is doing uncommonly interesting work in the area of customer transformation with our clients. That work requires a blend of deep technical, analytical and business skills in the customer domain. The Senior Customer Technology Consultant is a critical leader in our consulting engagements, possessing deep knowledge and experience with the systems, technologies, and business processes essential to managing customer data and relationships. This consulting role, in partnership with Elicit’s data scientists, marketing strategists, and other leaders, will help assess client gaps with respect to customer technologies and capabilities, lay out roadmaps to close those gaps, assist with generating business cases and socialization, and advise during implementation of recommended solutions.
Along the way, this senior consultant will participate in developing client customer strategies and improvements to customer experience based on insights delivered by Elicit.
Ideal candidates joining our team will have a mixture of:
- Technical experience and skills in areas such as BI, information architecture, marketing technology, enterprise architecture, master data management, data base design, strategies for managing and analyzing “big data,” personalization and real-time treatment strategies, and application systems including CRM, loyalty, digital marketing, data warehouses, preference management, and offer management.
- Business consulting and client interaction skills at all levels, expert understanding of marketing processes and practices, and familiarity with customer experience strategy and design.
- Passion for and experience with leveraging customer data and analytics to support marketing, product strategy, and customer experience management.
We are interested in people who possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Statistics, Analytics, Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ (10+ desired) years of experience in IT planning, technical and application architecture, solution implementation, data base design and access, especially in the customer domain
- Experience working with customer touchpoint systems, including POS, web commerce, CRM, loyalty, campaign management, digital marketing, preference management, and call centers
- Working knowledge of key concepts related to customer data management, including customer identification and tracking, data governance, hygiene, data linking and matching, data append, and implementation of services and tools supporting management of core customer data
- Skill and patience to translate complex technical concepts and business requirements into language consumable by business and IT stakeholders – and an appreciation of why this is critical
- Identification of the appropriate data to support these analytic techniques, understanding potential future uses of data beyond the immediate task
- Ability to interpret and draw conclusions from data, turning analytic insights into business actions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Client-facing consulting experience at all levels of management, including C-level, and an ability to develop materials appropriate for Board-level presentations
- The intellectual capacity and presentation style / capability that ensures credibility when dealing with business leaders
- A flexible, approachable attitude with strong problem solving skills
- Eagerness in actively collaborating with and engaging other team members, both co-workers and clients, to solve hard problems
- Willingness to travel and be onsite with our clients’ locations, up to 50% of the time
- Client-facing consulting – technology strategy, marketing strategy, customer capability assessment and roadmap development, process improvement, customer experience improvement, executive relationship management. This client-facing consulting is expected to include (but not limited to):
- Customer Centricity Assessments, including technology aspect of assessment and working with data science and marketing strategy team members to deliver integrated conclusions and recommendations.
- Customer internal identification and self-identification architecture and strategies
- Data capture strategies
- Data warehouse architecture and implementation strategies (technical and semantic layers)
- Customer interaction technology (marketing technology or martech) architecture and implementation strategies.
- Marketing and technology personnel skill set audits
- Working with data science team members on customer foundation design and implementation strategies, and support development of new service offerings
- Working with marketing strategy team members on requirements for supporting customer experience and marketing strategies, and translating these into technical requirements and designs.
- RFI/RFP process support and management
- Cultivate Elicit’s reputation within the marketplace through the publication of white papers, case studies, deck creation, LinkedIn articles, blog posts, conference presentations, etc.
Elicit is an award-winning customer science and strategy consultancy that helps clients collect and organize the right customer data, glean meaningful insight from that data, and ensure that this insight directly informs their product, experience, and marketing decisions. With a portfolio of Fortune 500 clients that includes Southwest Airlines, McAfee, Galderma, HomeAway, Fossil, GameStop, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Sephora, BevMo!, and Pier 1 Imports, Elicit architects customer intelligence and business strategies that result in stronger customer engagement and increased profits. Learn more about our award-winning philosophy at www.geeknerdsuit.com. Elicit has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work.