Senior Data Scientist
WHO WE ARE
We’re a boutique consultancy doing exciting work with awesome Fortune 250 B2C and B2B companies (Southwest Airlines, Nestlé and Neiman Marcus to name a few). Our clients look to us to provide data-driven strategy and insight, enabling them to tackle their biggest challenges in improving engagement and experience for their most important people: customers and employees. In short, we’re “people” people.
We have an award-winning culture at Elicit and we pride ourselves in that. We’re a group that:
- Works hard and plays hard.
- Genuinely cares about our teammates.
- Are lifelong learners.
- Fully endorses karaoke.
- Eats at food trucks and five-star restaurants.
- Goes zip lining and hot air ballooning on the company dime.
- Has a strong meme game.
- Enjoys a flexible travel schedule (~50% depending on client needs).
- Works wherever we want on home weeks.
WHO YOU ARE
You’ve had titles like Data Science Manager, Data Science Lead, Analytics Manager, etc., but you’re much more than your title.
- You’re curious and open to new ideas.
- You love to solve complex problems with data.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You want more than a job, you want an adventure.
- You know the value of teams and excel in team environments at various roles.
- You have a master’s degree or beyond in statistics, computer science, data science, math or related fields.
Beyond all that, you also have mad skillz in data science. Specifically, we’re looking for people who, at a minimum, demonstrate the following:
- Expert level skills programming in tools such as R and Python (3+ years experience)
- Subject-matter expert in at least THREE of the following analytic areas: linear/logistic regression, forecasting, machine learning methods, supervised and unsupervised learning, deep-learning, natural language processing
- Familiar with test and control methodologies and experimental design
- Ability to select appropriate analytic method(s) based on business problem
- Skilled in data visualization to explore and uncover insights from analyses
- Extensive experience performing exploratory data analysis on large quantities of both structured and unstructured data
- Client-facing consulting experience
- Comfort in translating business problem into an agile analytics workplan
- Demonstrated ownership of end-to-end design and execution of complex analytics solutions from concept through to production
- Impactful story-teller who can communicate complex analytic concepts and translate those to recommended action
- Marketing analytics, marketing execution, and customer analytics
- Retail or Travel & Transportation industries
- Marketing strategy development based on quantitative customer insights
- Applying analytic insight to marketing operations (e.g., email, web, app)
- Customer lifecycle strategies (e.g., acquisition, development, retention)
- Market research (e.g., competitive analysis, market/sales forecasting)
If this sounds like you, then drop us a line or submit your application below—we’re excited to meet you!
Elicit is an award-winning consultancy that helps clients transform the way they use customer and employee insight in service of improving the customer experience. Fortune 500 clients include Southwest Airlines, Intel, Nestlé, HomeAway (Expedia), Fossil, GameStop, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Sephora, and Pier 1 Imports. Elicit’s team of technologists, data scientists, and strategists work together to architect business strategies that result in stronger customer engagement and increased profits. Learn more about our award-winning philosophy at www.geeknerdsuit.com. Elicit has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work: career opportunities can be viewed at www.elicitinsights.com/jobs/. Follow Elicit on LinkedIn and Twitter.
We want self-motivated candidates who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, combining their deep analytical skills and an innate curiosity about discovering patterns in customer data with a focused commitment to client success and a strong team ethic. In return, we offer successful candidates a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment with an opportunity to make an immediate impact in a young, growing consultancy, solving interesting and challenging problems for Fortune 250 clients.