The Insight Strategist supports the Marketing Team in gathering, defining, clarifying, and sharing the insights from advanced analytics and research that drive creative solutions and actionable strategies to achieve clients’ goals. This role functions in close partnership with Elicit’s Marketing and Data Science leaders, and with client-designated directors and project managers, to ensure client expectations are met. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Leads marketing research projects (quantitative and qualitative) including:
- Audience targeting
- Survey and discussion guide design
- Analysis and summarization of results
- Preparation of final reports
- Client briefings on design, updates and findings
- Assists with defining strategy, interpreting research results, and creating a set of strategic recommendations that can ultimately be leveraged to drive improved strategies across marketing, customer experience, product, and brand functions.
- Co-develops strategic playbooks that show clients how to apply the insight generated by the Elicit analytics and research teams to address their key business priorities.
- Assists with analysis and generation of key take-aways on smaller scale data studies geared towards answering customer-related business questions.
- Assists with uncovering insights and telling stories from research and analytics, going beyond reporting of data to provide clients with the strategic narratives and actionable insights they need to make business decisions.
- Communicates deliverables in an engaging and collaborative manner that is easy to understand and that inspires client teams to embrace the work.
- Refines the research service offering by staying current with research best practices and survey tools, particularly to enhance the actionability of insights generated by the insights and data science team, and/or to improve efficiency.
- Collaborates with other team members to create/develop stream of insights and ideas for key clients.
- Contributes to Elicit’s market presence through PR, blog, and social media activities.
- Supports the Elicit sales process through the creation of Elicit marketing materials (e.g., case studies) that help illustrate insights application and the value that’s been generated for our clients.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 3 years of insights experience in primary research (qualitative and quantitative) or communication strategy
- Exposure to data science work and activities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize key trends and insights
- Ability to synthesize and translate complex findings into curated, relevant, and useful deliverables
- Knowledge of and experience in end-to-end market research practices including survey design and analysis
- Experience with online survey programming tools (e.g. Qualtrics) and survey analysis tools (e.g. SPSS)
- Focus group moderation experience a plus, but not a requirement
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Clear and creative thinking when finding a solution to a problem
- Detail, deadline, and goal oriented
- Big picture thinker, creative, and has an appetite for challenging the status quo with insights and storytelling (gets excited by change).
- Business, marketing, analytics or management degree; advanced degree preferred
- Ability to represent Elicit’s unique culture to a client’s working teams and executive teams
Elicit is a leading customer science and strategy consultancy that helps clients uncover latent insights about their customers, and apply those insights to business, marketing, product, loyalty, brand, and customer experience strategy. With a portfolio of Fortune 500 clients that include Southwest Airlines, HomeAway, Fossil, GameStop, Sephora, BevMo!, and Pier 1 Imports, Elicit delivers breakthrough customer intelligence and business strategies that result in stronger customer engagement and increased profits.
We want self-motivated candidates who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, combining their deep analytical skills and an innate curiosity about discovering patterns in customer data with a focused commitment to client success and a strong team ethic. In return, we offer successful candidates a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment with an opportunity to make an immediate impact in a young, growing consultancy, solving interesting and challenging problems for Fortune 250 clients.