Director of Marketing Strategy
WHO WE ARE
We’re a boutique consultancy doing exciting work with awesome Fortune 250 companies (Southwest Airlines, Nestlé, and Neiman Marcus to name a few). Our clients look to us to provide data-driven strategy and insight, enabling them to tackle their biggest challenges in improving engagement and experience for their most important people: customers and employees. In short, we’re “people” people.
We have an award-winning culture at Elicit and we pride ourselves in that. We’re a group that:
- Works hard and plays hard.
- Genuinely cares about our teammates.
- Are lifelong learners.
- Fully endorses karaoke.
- Eats at food trucks and five-star restaurants.
- Goes zip lining and hot air ballooning on the company dime.
- Has a strong meme game.
- Enjoys a flexible travel schedule.
- Works wherever we want on home weeks.
WHO YOU ARE
You’ve had a Director role in omni-channel marketing, digital marketing, marketing strategy, or customer relationship marketing, but you’re much more than your title.
- You’re curious and open to new ideas.
- You love to use data to make strategic decisions.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace change.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You want more than a job, you want an adventure.
- You know the value of teams and excel in team environments at various roles.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or beyond in marketing or business.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As the Director of Marketing Strategy, you will help our clients generate business value from customer data and marketing technology. Specific projects might include:
- Assessing and managing our clients’ omnichannel marketing strategy and ensuring their execution of key omni-channel pilots and global rollouts
- Creating marketing calendars, defining prioritization frameworks, overseeing execution, and partnering with our data science team to identify implications of their analysis
- Teaching and helping our clients build a test and learn capability, from war room design and agile testing frameworks to scaling and insight application
- Creating test campaign ideas and completing campaign briefs for prioritized tests, considering the impact on the end user experience
- Mapping the customer and employee journey and spearheading lifecycle management to improve the customer or employee experience
- Working with a cross functional team comprising of members across Online, Store Operations, Creative, Visual Merchandising, Information Technology, and Finance to drive alignment and execution of omni-channel test and experience plans
- At least 7 years of marketing experience, including a leadership role (ideally Director-level)
- A proven track record of driving business value through the use of data and insight
- Solid understanding of the omni-channel experience, including knowledge of how individual marketing channels should be leveraged to drive the overall experience
- Direct experience with planning or executing marketing programs, including digital marketing, direct marketing, CRM, omni-channel marketing, communications/PR, or loyalty
- Client-facing or internal consulting experience with a history of building strong client relationships
- Comfort in translating business insight into marketing or experience plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to craft a compelling story to motivate and align stakeholders
- Working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Working knowledge of the marketing technology landscape
- Proven experience in leading cross-functional initiatives and teams
- Experience with marketing attribution or media mix optimization
- Marketing analytics, marketing execution, and customer analytics
- Brand management or brand strategy development
- Retail or Travel and Transportation industries
- Market research management experience (quantitative or qualitative)
If this sounds like you, then drop us a line or submit your application below—we’re excited to meet you!
Elicit is an award-winning consultancy that helps clients transform the way they use customer and employee insight in service of improving the customer experience. Fortune 500 clients include Southwest Airlines, Intel, Nestlé, HomeAway (Expedia), Fossil, GameStop, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Sephora, and Pier 1 Imports. Elicit’s team of technologists, data scientists, and strategists work together to architect business strategies that result in stronger customer engagement and increased profits. Learn more about our award-winning philosophy at www.geeknerdsuit.com. Elicit has also been recognized as a Best Place to Work: career opportunities can be viewed at www.elicitinsights.com/jobs/. Follow Elicit on LinkedIn and Twitter.